Thank you for your grant application. The Fortitude Fund, like many organizations during the past year, has been disrupted due to the pandemic and staffing. We apologize for the delay in responding to your grant request. As we are getting back to the business of business, there is one more step that that needs to be completed by you to be considered for this grant.
The video pitch. This is your elevator pitch, your chance to convince us in your own voice why and how these funds will help you and your business idea.
Grant Applications are accepted and evaluated on the basis of a completed application. The deadline to submit your video pitch is April 7th, 2022.
This is your opportunity to tell us about your business and to give the Grant Review Committee your elevator pitch in 3 minutes or less. Be sure to incorporate the following into your comments. Relax and have fun, we are happy to meet you and learn about your business.
1. Introduce yourself, and the name of your business. What problem are you trying to solve? What makes your business or idea stand out from competitors? Describe how your business creates value in an economic, social, cultural, or other context.
2. Use layman’s terms. Everyone needs to understand and technical jargon can be confusing.
3. Be sure to tell us what you want and how the grant will be used to propel your business forward.
4. Be concise
5. Practice your comments so you sound knowledgeable and convincing.
Below are six questions that will help you organize and focus your thoughts and comments for your video. We are not looking at the details so much as assurance that you have or are thinking about the many aspects of your business. The questions are offered as guidance only.
1. Describe your business, products, or services.
2. What problem are you trying to solve?
3. Who is your competition and what differentiates you from them?
4. How is your business marketed?
5. What critical risks or problems do you foresee affecting your success?
6. What are your most critical business needs and how will you use the Fortitude Fund Grant, if awarded?
Video Upload (Required)
Drop files here or
Accepted file types: jpg, gif, png, pdf, mov, mp4, m4p, m4v, , Max. file size: 512 MB.